Adjacent to the Ozawa Pavilion teahouse and adjoined by a rear deck, the Ikoi no ba (meaning “cozy place to gather”), is a charming, intimate space that is ideal for small private functions. Indoor seating at tables and chairs for up to 16 people can be expanded outside onto a largee deck overlooking the beautiful Kurimoto Japanese Garden pond.
Overlooking the beautiful Kurimoto Japanese Garden pond and featuring double glass doors leading to a large deck with bench seating, the Ikoi no ba is also perfect for stand-up style receptions of up to 30 people.
Amenities include a small fully-equipped kitchen (stove, fridge, microwave, dishware, cooking utensils etc.), and seating at tables and chairs for up to 16 people, (standing reception of up to 30), plus additional outdoor bench seating on the deck. The Ikoi no ba can be rented individually, or along with the Ozawa Pavilion.
The Ikoi no ba is also an ideal location for corporate meetings and retreats.
Your Ikoi no ba rental includes
- Admission to the Garden and free parking for all your guests
- Access to the Kurimoto Japanese Garden (exclusive access and functions outside of regular garden hours)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Coffee and tea supplies
- Functions at the Ikoi no ba can be self-catered in the fully-equipped kitchen, or you may choose from one of the Garden’s preferred caterers – contact us for a list.
- If you wish to serve alcohol at your function you must obtain a license.
- Décor items must be approved in advance. No tacks, tape or any other items can be affixed to the walls or ceiling.
- Indoor seating for up to 16 guests can be configured in a variety of arrangements; additional outdoor bench seating is available on the large deck.
Ikoi no ba Rental Rates
||up to 4 hours
||up to 8 hours
|Half-day rental in combination with the Ozawa Pavilion
||Up to 4 hours
|Full-day rental in combination with the Ozawa Pavilion
||Up to 8 hours
Prices do not include GST. Rates subject to change. A 50% non-refundable reservation deposit is required at the time of booking.
For more information or to book, call 780-492-3138 or email email@example.com