Updated March 25, 2020
The Garden is currently closed to visitors for the winter season. We are working on a plan so visitors might be able to enjoy the outdoor gardens this year, within Alberta Health Services guidelines, and with the safety of the public paramount in our planning.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Garden’s 2020 calendar of activities. In the interest of public and staff safety, we have made a decision to cancel or postpone all classes, programs, special events and private functions for the 2020 season.
- All on-site adult education classes have been cancelled for 2020.
Green School is cancelled for the rest of the 2019-20 school year.
School field trips are cancelled for spring and fall 2020.
- Kids in the Garden summer camps, birthday parties, group bookings and drop-in programs are cancelled.
- Tours and group bookings are cancelled.
- Special events are cancelled for the spring, summer and fall.
- Refunds will be issued for any cancelled classes, programs, events and private functions.
- Weddings and private function bookings will have the option of rebooking to a future date in 2021, or cancellation with full refund on deposits.
- Photography bookings will be cancelled.
- In the interest of social distancing, administration staff are working remotely as much as possible. We will continue to respond to phone calls and emails, but we recommend that you contact us before coming to the Garden.
The situation, as we all recognize, is changing rapidly. We’ll provide regular updates as circumstances evolve. We’ll base our decisions on the most current recommendations of Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health and the University of Alberta.
Please direct inquiries about this update to email@example.com