Updated May 15, 2020
The Garden is open for visitors starting June 1, 2020. We are so glad to welcome visitors to the tranquility of the Garden, to relax, to breathe the fresh air, and reconnect to nature.
To keep visitors and staff safe, which is our utmost priority, we are following the guidelines of public health officials and the University of Alberta and implementing many safety measures. Some of these measures may be updated as the guidelines change.
- All visitors must make advance reservations to visit the Garden – no walk ups will be permitted. This will help us manage capacity and flow of visitors in the Garden, minimize contact points, and allow for physical distancing.
- Group size is limited to 15. Within those groups, any parties that are not in the same household must practice safe physical distancing of 2 metres.
- Additional measures include one-way routes on the pathways, and closure of some garden areas that are too confined for appropriate distancing.
- Visitors can enjoy the outdoor gardens, however, all indoor spaces will be closed, including showhouses, Welcome Centre and gift shop.
- All programming has been cancelled for the 2020 season, including special events, private functions, tours, cart services, camps and drop-in programs.
- There will be extra cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch areas.
- Benches and picnic tables will be out of service.
The early flowers are starting to bloom and horticulture staff have been hard at work getting the Garden ready for opening. Natural beauty and serenity awaits, and we look forward to greeting our visitors (from a safe two-metre distance)!
Please direct inquiries about this update to firstname.lastname@example.org .