The Garden is open to visitors for the season until October 12, 2020. We are so glad to welcome visitors to the tranquility of the Garden, to relax, to breathe the fresh air, and reconnect to nature. Fall hours are 10 am to 5 pm for regular admissions, by advance reservation.
To keep visitors and staff safe, which is our utmost priority, we are following the guidelines of public health officials and the University of Alberta and implementing many safety measures. Some of these measures may be updated as the guidelines change.
- All visitors must make advance reservations to visit the Garden – no walk ups will be permitted. This will help us manage capacity and flow of visitors in the Garden, minimize contact points, and allow for physical distancing.
- Group size is limited to 15. Within those groups, any parties that are not in the same household must practice safe physical distancing of two metres.
- Some garden areas that are too confined for appropriate distancing will be closed.
- Visitors can enjoy the outdoor gardens, however, all indoor spaces will be closed, including showhouses, Welcome Centre and gift shop.
- Most programming has been cancelled for the 2020 season, including special events, private functions, tours, cart services, camps and drop-in programs.
- There will be extra cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch areas.
The fall colours are starting to show. Natural beauty and serenity awaits, and we look forward to greeting our visitors (from a safe two-metre distance)!
Please direct inquiries about this update to firstname.lastname@example.org .