Friends of the Garden
"The Friends of the Garden” is a registered charitable society founded in 1971 to support the development of the Garden. Since its founding, the Friends have contributed over $5 million to support development of the Garden’s plant collections, displays, facilities, and education programs.
In recent years, Friends’ fundraising efforts have supported, among other projects: construction of an annex to the Ozawa Pavilion Teahouse (the Ikoi no ba); upgrades to the Garden’s production greenhouses; brick pathway expansion; and support of the UABG's award-winning Green School program.
In addition to knowing your membership helps to keep the Garden growing, you will enjoy exclusive benefits and discounts.
A Friends of the Garden Membership entitles the cardholder to:
- free admission to the University of Alberta Botanic Garden (excludes some special events)
- discounted or first-in-line tickets to select Garden events
- discount coupon for a guest
- 10% off most purchases in the Garden Shop (some exclusions)
- 10% off most Garden adult education courses
- $5 off plant sale purchases at the UABG Annual Plant Sale Opening Weekend
- special Friends events held throughout the year
- discount for most Master Garden Association of Alberta events
Friends of the Garden 2020 Membership Fees
|Senior (65+)||1 year||$37.50|
|2 adults & up to 8 children under 18||5 year||$498|
|Child (3-12)||1 year||$14.75|
- Membership is valid for one year from purchase date.
- Membership benefits are subject to change.
- Prices include GST.
For more information on becoming a Friend of the Garden:
- Call (780) 221-6467
- Email email@example.com