Friends of the Garden
"The Friends of the Garden” is a registered charitable society founded in 1971 to support the development of the Garden. Since its founding, the Friends have contributed over $5 million to support development of the Garden’s plant collections, displays, facilities, and education programs.
In recent years, Friends’ fundraising efforts have supported, among other projects: construction of an expansion to the Ozawa Pavilion Teahouse (the Ikoi no ba); upgrades to the Garden’s production greenhouses; brick pathway expansion; and support of the UABG's award-winning Green School program.
A Friends of the Garden Membership entitles the cardholder to:
- free admission to the University of Alberta Botanic Garden (excludes some special events)
- discounted or first-in-line tickets to select Garden events
- 10% off most purchases in Shop-in-the-Garden
- $5 off Plant Sale purchases at the UABG Annual Plant Sale Opening Weekend
- special Friends events held throughout the year
Friends of the Garden 2017 Membership Fees
|Senior (65+)||1 year||$42.00|
|2 adults & all children under 18||5 year||$315.00|
- Membership is valid for one year from purchase date.
- Membership benefits are subject to change.
- Prices include GST.
For more information on becoming a Friend of the Garden: