Wild Mushroom Exposition
Date(s) - August 11, 2019
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Alberta Mycological Society presents their annual “City of Champignons” Wild Mushroom Exposition. This “wildly” popular event will help you identify, learn, forage, taste and enjoy wild mushrooms.
- Fresh wild mushrooms with various habitat features
- Poisonous mushroom display
- Choice and common edibles
- Medicinal mushrooms
- Field guides and mushroom cookbook displays
- Food at “Wild Mushroom Cafe” with chef Sonny Song
- Recommended mushroom field guides
- Alberta mushroom posters
- Alberta Mycological Society memberships and t-shirts
- Great Alberta Mushroom Foray registration
Schedule of activities:
11 am – 15 Edible Wild Mushrooms for Beginners – How to ID Safely, with Christine Costello
2 pm – Foray with Mike Schultz
3 pm- Foray with Robert Simpson
4 pm – Presentation with Joelle Chille Cale
Drop-in event; advance registration is not required.
Regular admission to the Garden applies.
Most activities are free. There is an extra charge for food and items offered for sale by the Alberta Mycological Society.
Coupons and passes are eligible for this event.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 780-492-3267.