Get outside with our stress-free children's birthday party packages!
All of our parties are outdoor-based programs, led by one of our skilled nature educators!
Recommended for ages 3-10.
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not booking birthday parties in 2020.
What's included in your party package:
- Up to 25 people; including party guests, siblings and guardians
(children age two and under are free of charge; additional people $10 each)
- A fully organized program led by one of our super-fun nature educators
- Admission for all guests, to enjoy the Garden after the party
- Special take-home memento for the birthday child
- Printable birthday party invitations for you to send to your guests
- Reserved birthday area for one hour following the guided program
Going Buggy Butterfly Party! $225
Buzz, buzz! Calling all little bugs and butterflies to the Garden! Guests get to dress up in some cute wings and catch some of their favorite insects: ladybugs, dragonflies, butterflies, and more. The party includes insect catching (and releasing!), fun bug games and a tour of the butterfly showhouse, full of tropical butterflies from across the world.
Ponds and Frogs $225
A favorite party at the Garden. Explore our ponds and get dirty catching a wide variety of pond critters - from water bugs to snails to frogs! Fun games, a trip to the maze, and a tour of the butterfly showhouse cap this active and adventurous party!
Wilderness Adventure $225
Become a wild animal in this fun forest birthday party! Discover our fascinating animal specimens, discuss their cool adaptations, and go on a forest trek. A high-energy game of Predator /Prey makes this a favorite program for active kids. Minimum 10 participants for this program.
Royal Garden Adventures $225
Hear ye! Hear ye! Calling all princesses and knights to join us for a magical quest. Create your own crown before we head off on our adventure, searching the Garden for mystical creatures. Come ready to save the day!
Dinosaur Dig $225
This party is only for the bravest of explorers! Join us for an archeological adventure at the Garden, where you will learn all about bones and fossils, search the jungle for hiding dinosaurs, and make your own fossils to take home.
Fairy Garden Tea Party $225
Bring out all your little fairies to join us for a wonderful Garden tea party! With wings to wear, your little ones will feel magical while exploring our forests and playing fairy games. Guests will make their own take-home fairy wands and enjoy an adorable tea party with lemonade and a story.
A take-home treat is a great way to say thank you to your guests. Instead of gift bags full of knick-knacks quickly thrown out, the Garden offers a variety of quality thank-you gifts that can be used throughout the party, and then taken home to continue the fun! Subject to availability; offerings may change.
- Adopt-a-Woodland-Stuffy Activity - $14/person
A cute addition to any party! Guests will select a charming wildlife stuffed animal to ‘adopt’ and take home at the end of the party. Guests will name their animal, make them a name-tag collar, and decorate a carrying box and adoption certificate for their new friend.
- Costume Wings - $18/person
An adorable set of whimsical butterfly wings your guests can wear for the party and take home afterwards.
Inclement Weather / Program Modifications
Programs operate rain or shine. In the case of inclement weather, program activities take place under shelter, however, please ensure all participants are dressed appropriately for an outdoor program. Activities may occasionally require modification based on natural conditions (eg. fluctuating pond levels). Suitable alternate activities will be provided.
- To cancel a birthday party booking, you must provide written notice cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations made up to two weeks prior to the scheduled party will be refunded 50% of the total paid.
- Cancellations made within two weeks of booking date will not be issued refunds.
- Parties can be rescheduled within the same calendar year, subject to availability, given at least two weeks' notice.
- If the program is cancelled by the University of Alberta Botanic Garden for any reason, all fees will be refunded.
For more information email email@example.com or call (780) 492-3114.