Important Summer Camp Information
Dear Parent / Guardian,
We’re so excited your child is joining us for a week of camp fun this summer at the Garden! Important information follows that you will need to prepare your child for their time at camp. Please read it thoroughly!
- On the first day of camp, please arrive with your children 15 minutes early for registration and check-in with the Camp staff.
- Meet in front of the Gift Shop, directly off the parking lot. Camp Staff will confirm with you the pick-up/drop-off location for the rest of the week.
- For the remainder of the week, please drop-off and pick-up your child on time. Camp Staff are not available to supervise campers outside of program hours.
GETTING TO THE GARDEN
The University of Alberta Botanic Garden (previously known as the Devonian Botanic Garden) is located on Highway 60, approximately 15 min from SW Edmonton, at 51227 AB-60, Parkland County, T7C 1C5.
WHAT SHOULD MY CHILD BRING?
For a fun week outdoors, please send your child with the following, and ensure your child’s name is on all items they bring:
- A backpack and a full water bottle. Please do not send a rolling bag or bag they have to carry in their hands or over one shoulder – they need a comfortable backpack.
- Allergy-aware (eg. peanut-free) lunch and snacks. As an environmentally friendly camp, we ask that you try and bring a “garbage free” lunch with reusable containers. Please note there are no microwaves for use.
- Comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes that can get dirty.
- Rubber Boots. Send on the first day of camp; they will be kept at camp for the week.
- Raingear if rain is forecast. We will be outside most of the day, even if it is raining!
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Please do not send your child with additional items: electronics, valuables, etc.
Cancellations made up to 2 weeks prior to the camp starting date will be refunded 50% of the camp fees. No refunds are issued for cancellations within 2 weeks of camp starting date. No refund, reduction of fees or credit will be granted for late arrival, early departure, withdrawal, or dismissal.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (780) 492-3106. Office hours are Mon-Fri 9:00 – 4:00.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!