Visitors are welcome and encouraged to take casual photographs for personal (private, non-commercial) use – it’s a great way to remember your time at the Garden. To protect plants and the enjoyment of other visitors, some rules apply – please review our Photography Guidelines.
Tag your shots of the Garden on Instagram @UABotanicGarden!
The use of drones by the public is not permitted at the Garden.
Wedding, Portrait, Group & Commercial Photography - NOT AVAILABLE IN 2020
Note: Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be hosting any photo groups in 2020. We plan to start taking bookings for photos in January 2021.
The Garden provides a beautiful backdrop for wedding and engagement photos – visit our Wedding Photography page for rates and booking details. All wedding and engagement photos must be booked in advance.
Family portrait, group, graduation, model portfolio, fashion, advertisement and promotional photography and film/video production must be booked in advance. Rates are applicable regardless of whether the photographer is a professional or amateur. All photographers must follow the Garden’s Photography Guidelines.
- Limited availability Saturdays during peak season.
- Must be booked in advance - call (780) 492-3138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Large Group Photos Eg. team, grad, reunion, extended or large family - call for rates (780) 492-3138 or email email@example.com
Commercial Photography or Film Production - call for rates (780) 492-3303.
- Prices do not include GST or photographer.
- Must be booked in advance; subject to availability.
- Peak season: Victoria Day to end of September.
- Off-peak season: May 1 to Victoria Day and October 1 to Thanksgiving.