To protect plants, gardens and the enjoyment of our visitors, all photographers must follow these guidelines:
- All commercial photography (wedding, group, family portrait, graduation, model portfolio, fashion, advertisement and promotional photography and film/video production) must be booked in advance. Note: We are not taking any bookings for photography in 2020. We will start booking for next year in January 2021.
- Photographers and equipment are not permitted in planting areas (e.g. flowerbeds and borders).
- Plant material cannot be altered, moved, or removed for photos.
- Photography activities must not block pathways entirely; access for golf carts and pedestrians must be maintained.
- Tripods are permitted, but not must not block pathways or harm plants.
- Electrical or lighting equipment must be approved in advance.
- The climbing of trees or structures is not permitted.
- Photography is not permitted in the waterfall or on the rocks around the waterfall in the Kurimoto Japanese Garden. Wading and swimming is not permitted in any water features.
- Photography groups will receive a pass at check-in; Garden staff may request to see the pass at any time.
- The Garden is not responsible for loss, theft or damage to equipment.
- Visitor Guidelines must be observed by all visitors to the Garden.
- Golf carts are not available for rent - please be prepared for walking.
- The gardens are not closed off to the public during photographs.
- Though care is taken to limit and stagger photo bookings, there may be more than one party taking photos in the Garden at any given time.
- There is no indoor facility available for photo-only groups. In case of inclement weather, we recommend that you have an indoor alternate arranged in advance.