In order to ensure the enjoyment of all our guests, preserve the beauty of the Garden and protect valuable plant collections, the following must be observed by all visitors to the Garden.
- Pets are not permitted, with the exception of certified service animals. Periodically, in early spring and late fall, we have Dog Days at the Garden when dogs (on leash) are permitted.
- Smoking of any kind (including vaping and cannabis) is prohibited in all areas of the Garden, except in designated areas in the parking lot.
- Do not pick or remove any plant material from anywhere in the Garden, including wilderness areas and showhouses. This includes flowers, seeds, pods and all other parts of the plant.
- Leave the labels where you see them – it is essential to the accuracy of our plant records that labels remain in the right place. If you want to remember the name of a special plant, take a picture of the label, or write it down.
- Children must be supervised at all times, to ensure their safety and to protect plants.
- Do not climb on trees or rocks.
- Do not swim or wade in the water features. Rocks can be slippery – exercise common sense and caution. The University of Alberta Botanic Garden is not responsible for injuries that may occur around rocks and water features.
- Games and sporting equipment (soccer balls, Frisbees, bikes, skateboards, etc.) are not permitted inside the Garden.
- Photography guidelines must be observed.
- You may bring small snacks and beverages. Picnics are not permitted unless reserved and purchased from the Garden. BBQs, cooking equipment and outside food are not permitted.
- With the exception of beverages purchased and consumed at the licensed on-site concession, at licensed special events, or with permits in designated private function areas, alcohol is not allowed at the Garden.
- Please deposit garbage and recyclables in appropriate containers.
- Rice, confetti and flower petals are not allowed.
- Unless authorized in advance, all guests must park in the Visitor Parking Lot. No vehicles are permitted to enter beyond the parking lot, including along service roads, without prior authorized consent.
- Limos and vehicles waiting for guests must turn off their engines. Idling is not permitted.
- RV parking is not available on weekends.
- Minimize noise so all patrons may enjoy their experience.
- The University of Alberta Botanic Garden reserves the right to ask any guest who is a danger to themselves or others, or who is disrupting the enjoyment of the Garden by other guests, to leave the premises.