Win a Garden Experience Pass
Win a Deluxe Garden Experience Pass
Entry deadline: September 30, 2022, midnight
Draw date: October 13, 2022
Official Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Win A Garden Experience Package Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- CONTEST: The Win a Garden Experience Package Contest (the “Contest”) is conducted by The Governors of the University of Alberta (“UAlberta”) and administered on behalf of UAlberta by the University of Alberta Botanic Gardens (“UABG”). The Contest is to increase our subscriber base and connect with more engaged audiences.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the Contest (an “Eligible Entrant”) you must be:
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older; and
- Fill out the Twilight Picnic Feedback form.
- Share a photo of your picnic experience on social media using the hashtags #UABGpicnic or #UABGsummer
You are not eligible for the Contest if you are a resident of Quebec or if you are an employee of UABG, including a member of the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) or household of any of the above persons, their respective affiliates, agents, licensors, associates or representatives. All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Contest and the Entry Forms will be determined by UAlberta its sole discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- NUMBER, APPROXIMATE VALUE OF PRIZE AND CHANCES OF WINNING: There is one (1) prize available to be won in this Contest (the “Prize”). The Prize is described in paragraph 9 below. The chances of winning the Prize will depend on the number of Eligible Entrants received in accordance with these Official Rules during the Entry Period as defined herein.
- CONTEST SCHEDULE: This Contest commences on Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. (Edmonton Time) and closes on Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Edmonton Time) (the “Entry Period”). Entry Forms must be received by UABG before the contest closing time, which is Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Edmonton Time) (the “Contest Closing Time”) to be eligible to win the Prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest. To enter, the following rules apply:
- Eligible Entrants that subscribe to the e-newsletter during the Entry Period, will be automatically entered into the contest (the “Entry Form”). Each Eligible Entrant may enter the Contest once.
Once submitted, all Entry Forms become the property of UAlberta and will not be returned. All Entry Forms will be reviewed, and any Entry Forms which are deemed to be late, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive, plagiarized, subject to copyright or other intellectual property considerations, do not meet the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FOIPP”) or privacy considerations, as set out in paragraph 19 herein, and otherwise, or which are deemed to not enhance the reputation of UAlberta, will be disqualified. The determination of whether an Entry Form is illegible, incomplete, offensive, late, or deemed not to enhance the reputation of UAlberta will be in the sole discretion of UABG.
- PRIZE DRAW DETAILS: The draw will take place on Wednesday, October 12 at 12:00 p.m. (Edmonton Time). The Eligible Entrant’s whose Entry Form is drawn at random and who has complied with these Official Rules, including without limitation the provisions of paragraph 8, will be declared the Winner. If necessary, should the Prize be unclaimed, or should the Winner be unwilling, unable or ineligible to win the Prize as set out in these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and UAlberta shall have the right, but not the obligation, to draw, as replacements only, an additional prize winner. All participants (including without limitation Eligible Entrants and Winner) must comply with these Official Rules. The determination of the Winner by UAlberta is final and binding. No communication with Eligible Entrants will be entered into except with the Winner, which will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules. All matters related to the Contest and the verification of the eligibility of the Eligible Entrant and Winner will be conducted by UAlberta, or by persons designated by UAlberta in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by UAlberta in this regard are final and binding and cannot be challenged.
- NOTIFICATION: UAlberta will notify the Winners via email on Wednesday, October 12, 2022 immediately following the draw. UABG will contact the Winner using the information provided by the Eligible Entrants on the Entry Form. If the Winner does not contact UABG by Friday, October 14, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. (Edmonton Time), UABG shall have the right, but not the obligation, to select an alternative Winner.
- DECLARATION OF WINNER: The Eligible Entrant will not be declared the winner in accordance with these Official Rules unless and until:
- UABG has verified that the winner is an Eligible Entrant pursuant to these Official Rules; and
- The Eligible Entrant correctly answers a skill-testing question as set out in these Official Rules.
Once these requirements have taken place, the Eligible Entrant will be declared the winner (“Winner”).
- PRIZES: There Prize will be one (1) Garden Experience Pass for two people, with an approximate value of $230.00 (CDN). The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the UAlberta’s sole discretion. UAlberta reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equivalent monetary value if UAlberta is unable to award the Prize as described. UAlberta will not be responsible, however, if factors beyond the UAlberta’s reasonable control prevents the Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, the Winner will not be provided with a substitute prize or cash equivalent. The Prize will only be granted to the verified Winner.
- SKILL TESTING QUESTION: To win the Prize, the Eligible Entrant must correctly answer unaided, the mathematical, time-limited, skill-testing question as follows: 70 multiplied by 3 divided by 2 =______ prior to being declared the Winner.
- CONTEST MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION: UAlberta reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to delay, or terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend, amend or extend the Contest in any way, in its sole discretion including without limitation if UAlberta determines that the Contest is not practicable or is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions (including without limitation, computer viruses, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper conduct, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Contest. In the event UABG is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic or health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within UAlberta’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, UAlberta shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest.
- PARTICIPATION: Participation in this Contest constitutes an agreement by each participant to comply with these Official Rules.
- DISQUALIFICATION: It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has complied in full with all of the conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any Eligible Entrant or Entry Form is found to be ineligible, or if an Eligible Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Prize for any reason prior to award, such Eligible Entrant or Entry Form will be disqualified and, in UAlberta’s sole discretion, an alternate Winner may be selected. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. UAlberta reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, each participant: (a) releases and agrees to hold UAlberta and its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, bodily injury and property damage, or any other damage or loss, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in this Contest, any Contest related activity, or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, or participation in any Prize related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify UAlberta and its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims on the part of any third party or parties related in any way and for any reason to the Contest or the Prize including, without limitation, death, and personal or property damage or injury.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UAlberta assumes no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entry Forms, which may be judged void, any notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur. UAlberta assumes no responsibility for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entry Forms. UAlberta is not responsible for any injury or damage to participants in this Contest.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering this Contest, each participant who submits an Entry Form, hereby agrees and grants to UAlberta, without further compensation, the unrestricted rights, but not the obligation, to use the entirety of the Entry Form, as set out in these Official Rules and otherwise, and to use his/her name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, along with his/her address (City and Province) and any statements made by or attributed to such Eligible Entrants, or other individuals associated with an Entry Form, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, and for educational, advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest, and any other promotions and programs, whatsoever, without further notice or compensation and hereby releases UAlberta from any liability with respect thereto.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND LAWS: These are the official rules (the “Official Rules”). This Contest is governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws of Canada applicable therein and the parties hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta. In the event a court determines that this Choice of Law clause is invalid or unenforceable as against an Entry Form, such Entry Form will be void. These Contest rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the UAlberta. These Official Rules, as amended from time to time, will be posted on the website at: https://botanicgarden.ualberta.ca.
- CONSTRUCTION: Words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Official Rules. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of the UAlberta. Employees of UAlberta are not authorized to modify, amend or waive these Contest Rules.
- PRIVACY: The personal information requested pursuant to these Official Rules is collected, used and disclosed under the authority of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FOIPP”) and will be protected in accordance with Part 2 of that Act. It will be collected, used and disclosed for the purpose of administration of the Contest. All personal information collected for the purposes of administration of the Contest will be retained for two (2) years from the closing of the Contest. Direct any questions about this collection, use or disclosure to: Kerry Mulholland at firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct any questions to: Kerry Mulholland at email@example.com