The Ozawa Pavilion
The Ozawa Pavilion is a unique and memorable venue for groups of 20 seated or up to 40 for stand-up style receptions. Overlooking the beautiful Kurimoto Japanese Garden, the Ozawa Pavilion combines traditional Japanese design and materials with modern innovation, and can be best described as a guesthouse with a tea room. A traditional Japanese-style table seating up to 20 guests rises out of the tatami floor (woven grass) in the main meeting room, with full views of the Kurimoto Japanese Garden through sliding rice paper doors and windows (shoji). An additional six guests can be seated in an adjoining foyer. Amenities include a fully equipped modern kitchen area. The Ozawa Pavilion can be rented alone, or in combination with the adjacent Ikoi no ba annex (joined by a rear deck), which has a capacity of 16 (seated) to 30 (standing) guests. The Ozawa Pavilion is also an ideal location for corporate meetings and retreats.
Special Occasion Rentals
Are you celebrating an anniversary, a milestone birthday, a bridal shower, a graduation or another special occasion? Make it extraordinary in this beautiful setting.
Wedding Day Rentals
The Ozawa Pavilion is a serene spot to prepare and get dressed for a wedding, to refresh yourself for photos, or for the wedding party to take a break on a busy day. Available for guests who have booked their wedding ceremony at the Garden only.
Your Ozawa Pavilion rental includes:
- Admission to the Garden and free parking for all your guests
- Access to the Kurimoto Japanese Garden (exclusive access for functions taking place outside of regular garden hours)
- Functions at the Ozawa Pavilion can be self-catered or you may bring in your own catering. Please confirm with us prior to the event.
- If you wish to serve alcohol at your function, you must obtain a licence (available online with AGLC).
- All footwear must be removed at the door. Bare feet are not permitted on the tatami mats. (Clean socks are provided.)
- All décor must be approved in advance – no tacks, tape or any other items can be affixed to the walls or ceiling.
- Due to the delicate nature of construction materials (e.g. paper walls), the Ozawa Pavilion is not recommended for groups with small children, unless they are carefully supervised.
Ozawa Pavilion Rental Rates
Half-day rental | up to 4 hours | $550
Full-day rental | up to 8 hours | $900
A 50% non-refundable reservation deposit is required at the time of booking. Prices do not include GST. Rates subject to change.
For more information or to book, call 780-492-3138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org