The Twilight Wedding Package
Because love will find a way in 2020!
You can get married in September 2020 with one unique, exclusive, stress-free experience. The Twilight Wedding package at the University of Alberta Botanic Garden is an easy, safe and beautiful way to celebrate your special day.
Relax and enjoy your ceremony and gourmet picnic reception in our gorgeous outdoor settings. We’ll take care of the important details - all you have to do is show up and let the celebrations begin!
You’ll have exclusive access to one of three beautiful locations - the Aga Khan Garden, Kurimoto Japanese Garden or Patrick Seymour Alpine Garden. Your guests can spread out at safe distances on the picnic blanket they receive as they arrive. After your ceremony, while you take photos, your guests can amuse themselves with garden games and enjoy the splendid scenery. As the sun sets and charming lights begin to illuminate the garden, everyone will enjoy a gourmet charcuterie-style picnic box stuffed with local goodies and refreshments, followed by your choice of special wedding cupcakes or donuts.
Safe. Unique. Stress-free. Beautiful memories are waiting to be made!
A very limited number of booking opportunities are available in September for parties of up to 50.
Book soon to avoid disappointment - we expect most spots will be filled by mid-August.
Your Twilight Wedding Includes:
- Exclusive access to selected area of the Garden
- Ceremony, photo session, and gourmet picnic reception for up to 50 people total (including wedding party)
- Admission and free parking for all guests
- Rain back-up designated for each Garden area
- One hour rehearsal with wedding staff (optional)
- Engagement photo session (photographer not included)
- Bridal flower bouquet (choice of traditional or fall-themed)
- Picnic blanket for each guest to enjoy and take home
- Individual gourmet charcuterie-style picnic box for each guest (vegan, vegetarian, nut free, gluten-free and halal options available)
- Gourmet cupcakes or donuts
- Bottled water
- $20 credit for each guest for wine, beer, champagne or non-alcoholic beverages, (pre-ordered only)
- Glassware for beverages
- Photo session during rental (photographer not included)
- Set up and tear down service
- Signing table with white or cream linen and one chair
- Food service tables with linens
- Dessert table with linens
- Gift table with linens
- Garden-grown flower arrangements for tables
- Golf cart service for wedding party, elderly guests, and those who require it.
- Wedding favour for each guest
- PA System - 1 speaker, handheld, aux. cord
- Wine, craft beer, cider, champagne and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase over and above the $20/ person credit
- Live harpist (Terry McDade). Duos, trios and quartets can also be arranged
- Lawn games at no extra charge
- Mini cake for two & cake cutter
- Smoked salmon
- Photographer and officiant are not included and must be arranged by client
- Chairs are not provided. Clients can choose to use the provided picnic blankets or may opt to rent chairs or have guests bring their own folding camp-style chairs.
- $5,000 non-refundable deposit required at time of booking. Remainder of balance due 10 days prior to wedding date.
- Bookings available Monday to Sunday, September 1 - 27, 2020
- Weddings take place from 5-10 pm, after the Garden is closed to public for the day
Twilight Wedding Packages range from $6900 to $9850 plus tax.
Pricing is calculated based on the number of guests.
Please call or email for quote.
While deposits are non-refundable in most circumstances, in the time of COVID-19, we recognize the need for a flexible cancellation policy. If the wedding couple, their parents, children or siblings test positive for COVID-19 or are required to quarantine due to illness and the wedding must be cancelled as a result, we will refund all fees including deposit. If the Garden has to cancel the wedding because of changes to health restrictions, we will refund all fees including deposit.
To book or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-492-3138