Win Your Wedding Contest 2020
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
Congratulations to winners Carolyn Taylor and Brett Schwartz of Morinville, Alberta!
We are giving away an incredible Twilight Wedding Package with ceremony and gourmet picnic reception, valued at $10,000, to take place in September 2020. You won’t believe everything that’s included, from exclusive use of one of three gorgeous sites for your ceremony and reception, delicious picnic boxes for all your guests stuffed with locally sourced goodies, rain backup, special wedding cupcakes or donuts, take-home picnic blankets and gifts for your guests plus so much more!
Entrants must be over 18 and reside in Alberta, Canada to be eligible.
Contest deadline August 16, 2020.
University of Alberta Botanic Garden
2020 Win Your Wedding Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- CONTEST: The University of Alberta Botanic Garden 2020 Win Your Wedding Contest (the “Contest”) is conducted by The Governors of the University of Alberta (“UAlberta”) and administered on behalf of UAlberta by the University of Alberta Botanic Garden (“UABG”). The Contest is intended to stimulate awareness of Twilight Weddings at the Garden. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. You are providing your Entry Submission and your personal information to UAlberta, not Instagram or Facebook.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the Contest (an “Eligible Entrant”) you must:
(a) Be Eighteen (18) years of age or older; and
(b) Reside in the province of Alberta, Canada
(collectively, an “Eligible Entrant”).
You are not eligible for the Contest if you are a resident of Quebec or if you are an employee of UABG, including a member of the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) or household of any of the above persons, their respective affiliates, agents, licensors, associates or representatives. All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Contest and the Entry Submissions will be determined by UAlberta its sole discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- NUMBER, APPROXIMATE VALUE OF PRIZE AND CHANCES OF WINNING: There is one (1) prize available to be won in this Contest (the “Prize”). The Prize is described in paragraph 9 below. The chances of winning a Prize will depend on the number of Eligible Entrants received in accordance with these Official Rules during the Entry Period as defined herein.
- CONTEST SCHEDULE: This Contest commences on Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (Edmonton Time) and closes on Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Edmonton Time) (the “Entry Period”). Entry Submissions must be received by UABG before the contest closing time, which is Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Edmonton Time) (the “Contest Closing Time”) to be eligible to win a Prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter the Draw. To be entered into the Draw, the Eligible Entrant must 1) complete an online entry form and 2) like and share to their Facebook feed or like and share to their Instagram story.
Once submitted, all Entry Submissions become the property of UAlberta and will not be returned. All Entry Submissions will be reviewed, and any Entry Submissions which are deemed to be late, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive, plagiarized, subject to copyright or other intellectual property considerations, do not meet the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FOIPP”) or privacy considerations, as set out in paragraph 19 herein, and otherwise, or which are deemed to not enhance the reputation of UAlberta, will be disqualified. The determination of whether an Entry Submission is illegible, incomplete, offensive, late, or deemed not to enhance the reputation of UAlberta will be in the sole discretion of UAL.
- PRIZE DRAW DETAILS: The draw will take place on Monday, August 17, 2020 at 12 pm. The Eligible Entrant whose Entry Submission is drawn at random and has complied with these Official Rules, including without limitation the provisions of paragraph 8 will be declared the Winners. If necessary, should a Prize be unclaimed, or should the Winners be unwilling, unable or ineligible to win a Prize as set out in these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and UAlberta shall have the right, but not the obligation, to draw, as replacements only, an additional prize winner. All participants (including without limitation the Eligible Entrant and Winner) must comply with these Official Rules. The determination of the Winner by UAlberta is final and binding. No communication with Eligible Entrants will be entered into except with the Winner, which will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules. All matters related to the Contest and the verification of the eligibility of the Eligible Entrants and Winner will be conducted by UAlberta, or by persons designated by UAlberta in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by UAlberta in this regard are final and binding and cannot be challenged.
- NOTIFICATION: UAlberta will contact the Winner via telephone or email on Monday, August 17 at 1 pm . UAlberta will announce the Winner on Instagram and Facebook once the Winner has been notified and declared the Winner.
- DECLARATION OF WINNER: The Eligible Entrants will not be declared the winners in accordance with these Official Rules unless and until:
a. UABG has verified that the winners are Eligible Entrants pursuant to these Official Rules; and
b. The Eligible Entrants correctly answers a skill-testing question as set out in these Official Rules.
Once these requirements have taken place, the Eligible Entrants will be declared the winners (the “Winners”).
- PRIZE: There will be one (1) Prize of a Twilight Wedding Package to be held in September 2020, with a total value of $10,000.00 (CDN). The Prize must be used by the winner between September 1-27, 2020. The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the UAlberta’s sole discretion. UAlberta reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value if UAlberta is unable to award the Prize as described. UAlberta will not be responsible, however, if factors beyond the UAlberta’s reasonable control prevents the Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, the Winner will not be provided with a substitute prize or cash equivalent. The Prize will only be granted to the verified Winner.
- SKILL TESTING QUESTION: To win the Prize, the Eligible Entrants must correctly answer unaided, the mathematical, time-limited, skill-testing question as follows: 70 multiplied by 3 divided by 2 =__ prior to being declared the Winners.
- CONTEST MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION: UAlberta reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to delay, or terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend, amend or extend the Contest in any way, in its sole discretion including without limitation if UAlberta determines that the Contest is not practicable or is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions (including without limitation, computer viruses, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper conduct, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Contest. In the event UABG is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic or health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within UAlberta’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, UAlberta shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest.
- PARTICIPATION: Participation in this Contest constitutes an agreement by each participant to comply with these Official Rules.
- DISQUALIFICATION: It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has complied in full with all of the conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any Eligible Entrant or Entry Submission is found to be ineligible, or if an Eligible Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Prize for any reason prior to award, such Eligible Entrant or Entry Submission will be disqualified and, in UAlberta’s sole discretion, an alternate Winner may be selected. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. UAlberta reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, each participant: (a) releases and agrees to hold UAlberta and its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, bodily injury and property damage, or any other damage or loss, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in this Contest, any Contest related activity, or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, or participation in any Prize related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify UAlberta and its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims on the part of any third party or parties related in any way and for any reason to the Contest or the Prize including, without limitation, death, and personal or property damage or injury.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UAlberta assumes no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entry Submissions, which may be judged void, any notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur. UAlberta assumes no responsibility for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entry Submissions. UAlberta is not responsible for any injury or damage to participants in this Contest.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering this Contest, each participant who submits an Entry Submission, hereby agrees and grants to UAlberta, without further compensation, the unrestricted rights, but not the obligation, to use the entirety of the Entry Submission, as set out in these Official Rules and otherwise, and to use his/her name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, along with his/her address (City and Province) and any statements made by or attributed to such Eligible Entrants, or other individuals associated with an Entry Submission, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, and for educational, advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest, and any other promotions and programs, whatsoever, without further notice or compensation and hereby releases UAlberta from any liability with respect thereto.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND LAWS: These are the official rules (the “Official Rules”). This Contest is governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws of Canada applicable therein and the parties hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta. In the event a court determines that this Choice of Law clause is invalid or unenforceable as against an Entry Submission, such Entry Submission will be void. These Contest rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the UAlberta. These Official Rules, as amended from time to time, will be posted on the Access 2019 National Library Technology Conference website at: https://accessconference.ca.
- CONSTRUCTION: Words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Official Rules. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of the UAlberta. Employees of UAlberta are not authorized to modify, amend or waive these Contest Rules.
PRIVACY: The personal information requested pursuant to these Official Rules is collected, used and disclosed under the authority of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FOIPP”) and will be protected in accordance with Part 2 of that Act. It will be collected, used and disclosed for the purpose of administration of the Contest. All personal information collected for the purposes of administration of the Contest will be retained for two (2) years from the closing of the Contest.
Direct any questions to: email@example.com